Hello band family!
A letter from the Directors
Mr. Atchley and I would like to welcome you back for the spring semester! We hope you all are as excited about band as we are. As always, this is going to be a very busy semester and we want to make sure we are all on the same page!
- This semester, both the symphonic band and wind ensemble will be performing at Concert Performance Assessment (Concert Festival). CPA will be a field trip the week of March4-8 (we don’t know what days yet, schedule to come!)
- We are having a CPA Preview concert on Feb. 19th @ 7:00 p.m. (both groups will perform)
- Symphonic band will have after school practice on Feb. 12th and 14th from 3:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Spring concerts- Symphonic Band (4/23) Wind Ensemble (4/25) Small Ensemble (4/30)
- Symphonic Band rehearsals: 4/11, 4/16 3:15-5:00 p.m. Small Ensembles Brass choir and wood wind choir will start meeting next Monday (1/14) and will rehearse every Monday from 3:15 – 4:30 p.m. These are volunteer groups. All players welcome!
Jazz band will also start next week. We will meet on Wednesdays from 3:15-4:30. All trumpet, trombone, saxophone and rhythm section students who are interested, please come next week.
Winter Guard and Winter drum line are underway. Those students should have info already. Both groups should be getting fee payments in!!!! Schedules are on charms!!!
If you haven’t heard…..we have a semi-trailer!!!!! YAY!!!!! I hope everyone is as excited as we are! We will need help soon getting the inside built. More information coming soon!
We have a booster meeting next Tuesday (1/15) @ 6:30 p.m. We will be giving out information about auditions and summer/fall schedules at this meeting! (this includes the trip we are planning on taking!) We want to encourage parents to come out to the meetings! We need parents to get involved! We are changing the culture next year and we can’t do that without awesome parent involvement.
Thank you for your support! Go Spartan Band!
Erick Harris & Scott Atchley