As we look forward to the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, there is still much we don’t know, but we are excited about the opportunities we will have.
The band directors are moving forward with some in person practices in anticipation of a football show at football games this fall. A schedule of home games has not been released yet but we can look forward to the following practices/schedule for band:
Percussion Camp/Rehearsal – Thursday, August 6th 3pm – 6pm
Full Band Rehearsals August 8th & 15th 8am – 12pm
Beginning August 18th – Full Band Practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4pm-6pm
Procedures have been distributed by the directors – please see the guidelines below:
Summit High Marching Band Rehearsal arrival and departure procedure
- * Arrive at Summit and line up at the ramp leading to the back band room doors ( will enter through the garage door) students will be 6 feet apart before entering.
- * Students’ temperature will be taken prior to student entering the building. Mask are required when entering the building. Student will sign in once entering the band room.
- * Student will grab equipment and exit the the band room through the instrument storage hallway and proceed to the parking lot (or assigned area)for practice.
- * Students will need to bring their own water jug pre filled for rehearsal.
- * Shorts, tee shirts, tennis shoes should be worn at practice. Hats, sunscreen and sunglasses
are also encouraged.
- * Before, during and after practice, students will maintain social distancing practices. Masks
will be worn at all times except when wind players are playing spaced appropriately outside.
- * When dismissed from rehearsal, student will follow the same flow for entering and exiting the
Some other things to keep in mind:
- Plan to arrive at least 15-20 minutes before practice is scheduled to begin – your student will need time to go through the temperature screening, set things down, get their instrument, get to their spot/section and be ready and in place by the time practice is supposed to begin.
- Bring plenty of water – many students bring a half gallon water bottle/cooler to stay hydrated. We are not able to provide water stations to refill water bottles, so please send enough with your student.
- Students may not need a ‘dot book’ and lanyard for practice on the 8th, but they will need one for future practices. A dot book is spiral bound index cards (3×5) and can be found at Walmart, Walgreens or Amazon