August 25, 2020
The 2020 Summit Spartan football season started strong with a WIN against our cross town rivals in the Border Battle and this week the Spartans will host another local rival, Spring Hill High at 7pm at home for the Battle of the Hill.
Please read through this entire email – we have a LOT going on to wrap up August and throughout September and don’t want you to miss out on any of this information.
Important Upcoming Dates
(The Charms calendar has been updated through the end of September)
- Tuesday, August 25th Full Band Practice 4pm-6pm
- Thursday, August 27th Full Band Practice 4pm-6pm
- Friday, August 28th Home Game vs Spring Hill HS – See arrival time & details below
- Tuesday & Thursday practices will continue through September/October
- Tuesday, September 8th Parent Meeting via Zoom – Link below
- Saturday, September 19th Full Band Practice 8am-12pm
- Monday, September 21st – Spirit Night @Grecian Pizza
- Monday, September 21st Fall Mum Sales begin (see more information below)
Football Ticket information
Due to pandemic recommendations, this season will look different than previous years. An email was sent on August 16th with ticket information, here is a summary:
Season tickets are for entry only, it does not guarantee a seat in the stadium. Our stadium will be cut into about a third capacity to allow for social distancing.
For those of you wanting guaranteed seating in the bleachers, you will need to contact the Gridiron Club. They are selling reserved seating on our home side bleachers. The contact is Matt Richardson at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are not required to purchase season tickets (https://gofan.co/app/events/90650) .
Tickets for individual games will go on sale weekly for each individual game. The link will go live and once we sell out there will be no more tickets available. For those that do not choose to purchase “reserved seating” it will be a good idea to bring a lawn chair. We will have overflow seating on the track. This will be limited as well.
ALL TICKETS ARE FOR ENTRY ONLY.
There will be no refunds on season tickets purchased.
Football Game Day Schedule
The following is the game day schedule for band students:
- 5:30pm-6:00pm – Front ensemble and leadership arrive. Students will push equipment, chairs and stands into stadium.
- 6:00pm-6:30pm Band students arrive at Summit. Parents please drop off at the rear loading dock area. Students will enter there for health screening & check in and exit through the double doors. Students can assemble in sections in the grassy area outside the double doors (remaining socially distanced).
- 6:40pm – Students will march into the stadium
- 7:00pm Kick-Off
- 7:40pm Halftime Performance
- 8:00pm – Front Ensemble returns equipment back to school
- End of Game – Students will enter the building through the double doors, return equipment/instruments and exit through the doors by the loading dock and wait to be dismissed by the directors
Game Day Information
- What to Bring
- Instrument or performance equipment
- Filled water jug
- What to Wear
- Summit Band Uniform shirt if you have one (we hope to distribute those orders on Thursday)
- If you don’t have a uniform shirt a Summit HS t-shirt or solid navy t-shirt is acceptable
- Jeans, school appropriate denim shorts or Khaki shorts
- MTX shoes with black socks (sneakers/tennis shoes with black socks if your student doesn’t have their MTX shoes yet)
Charms Store/Spirit Wear Orders
We currently do not have a confirmed delivery date for Spirit Wear orders that were submitted on August 16th. If you missed the first cutoff to order, the link will still be active until September 15th https://summitband.itemorder.com/
We will distribute MTX and gloves on Tuesday after practice by the double door exit (see Tami Bell) and we plan to distribute uniform shirts on Thursday after practice by the double door exit (see Stacey Dobecki), if they have been received.
Ellen Mangold is offering car window stickers, pre orders are due September 4th
Zoom Parent Meeting
Join us on Tuesday, September 8th at 6:30 via Zoom. Please use the following link (no password required) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89423415506
If you have adopted a senior this year – be on the look out for an update from Melissa Lahey about upcoming treat days!! Let’s make this season as memorable as possible for the Class of 2021!!
Labor Day Flag Install
The US Flag subscription service is one of the BIGGEST fundraisers we have and the next flag installation will be Labor Day on Monday, September 7th. We will continue with what has worked so well and respect social distancing guidelines by having separate time slots per driver for flag pick up. The sign up link will be available this week.
You are welcome to recruit a second student to help with your flag route according to your social distancing preferences and comfort level. For this program to be all it can be, we NEED drivers AND students to participate in at least 2 installs each year – if you have sold even one flag subscription. We still have a big need for drivers for this next install – let’s get the rest of those slots filled!
For those of you who have new flag program subscribers and/or renewals to turn in, you may submit those until September 2nd for the Labor Day installation.
We are excited to offer the following fundraising activities over the next few months:
- Sales begin Sept 21- Oct 2
- Delivery the week of Oct 5th.
- Band receives ~50% profit.
- This could be a huge fundraiser for us! No one buys just one mum! Large and extra large options and multiple colors will be available.
- We are asking each student to try and sell at least 5 mums
- Spirit Night
- Mark your calendar for September 21st. Our first spirit night with Grecian Pizzeria.
- We hope to have one spirit night a month throughout the fall
- Flag Subscriptions
- Labor Day is quickly approaching! Now is the time to sell new flag subscriptions and renewals!
- Kroger Cares
- Did you know that the band can benefit from your grocery run? Link your Kroger card to Summit High School Band and we receive a % of your grocery bill! You can use the Kroger app and it takes less than five minutes to update your card. Invite all of your family members to link their cards as well. It’s a quick and easy way to help the band just by going to the grocery store!
- Letter Writing Campaign
- At the end of practice on Saturday, September 19th we will be asking the students to help us with a letter writing campaign. Supplies (envelopes & stamps) and copies of the letter will be provided
- We are asking each student to bring at least 5 names with addresses to send letters to
- If each student helps us mail 5 letters and we receive even a $10 donation from each, we could see profit if $7500
- Students will learn more in the coming weeks
- Shop with Scrip
- Shop with e-gift cards via your phone or computer or physical gift cards and earn a 4%-10% (or more) rebate
To ensure practices on Tuesday & Thursday start on time and begin smoothly we will need 2-3 parent volunteers to do temperature checks and check off names as students enter the building by the loading dock. Sign up with the following link:
Parent Volunteer SignUp for Weekly Practices
2020 certainly continues to present opportunities for flexibility and creativity – and this football season is no different! 🙂 But one thing we know for sure is that our Marching Spartan Community is up for the challenge! Currently, Covid Protocols allow for (10) parent volunteers to assist our students at the (5) home football games this season.
We would like to offer our parents of Seniors who would like to sign up to volunteer to fill in slots first. Also, we ask that volunteers please only sign up initially for (one) shift to allow others an opportunity to serve.
Home Game Parent VolunteersThank you so much, Spartan Family! We need you. We appreciate you!
We encourage all parents to think about your interests, skills and talents and how you can use those for the enrichment of this band program. We have many behind-the-scenes opportunities and we are hoping to cultivate and plug in lots of our new parents this year. We will be looking to fill both lead volunteer positions and volunteer support for those areas.
Be sure to fill out this survey to share with us your gifts & talents – so we can find the perfect place for you!
2020 Band Parent Volunteer Form
We specifically will be looking for board members for the 2021-2022 school year – please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about a board position
Spartan Band Secretary
2830 TWIN LAKES DRIVE
Spring Hill, TN 37174
Click here to unsubscribe from Charms email communications: unsubscribe