PARENT KAZOO PRACTICE IS CANCELLED FOR TONIGHT due to the band’s change of schedule & rain. Here is an updated schedule. Please mark your calendars and plan to join us!!
*Thursday 7/18 meet 5pm before potluck
Monday 7/22 6:30-8 pm
Tuesday 7/23 6:30-8 pm
Meeting location is the Summit front parking lot unless it is raining.
*If it’s raining at those times, meet in the atrium outside the Summit cafeteria.
AND….. Start listening to Journey’s ‘Don’t Stop Believin’
It is almost time for our Annual “Parent Potluck: Meet & Greet”!
Hope to see all of you parents there, especially our new band families! Mark your calendars for Thursday, July 18th from 6:30-8:00pm in the Cafeteria at Summit HS.
Please RSVP & sign up to bring a dish to Share!
Parent Potluck – A Band Parent “Meet & Greet” Bring a dish, share a meal and enjoy getting to know other band parents better for our first gathering during Band Camp.
Thursday, July 18th from 6:30pm to 8:00pm Summit High School Cafeteria
Charms and Spirit Wear update! The Charms Store is open to purchase gloves, shoes and other Color Guard items.
The Warm Up for Color Guard will be added ASAP, so check back in a day or so for that.
Other Spirit Wear items can be purchased via this link https://summitband.itemorder.com
Both stores will be open until July 19th and will be delivered to the school for pickup.
Keep up with all of the Band dates!! Did you know that you can subscribe to the Band Charms Calendar? From your mobile device, you simply need to add a subscribed calendar and use this for the calendar URL:
Doing this will add all band events as a new calendar on your smart phone so you can keep up with all posted events.
The band website has a widget on the right that will show the next 5 upcoming dates, but adding the calendar to your…and your musician’s phone is a great way to keep everyone in the know!
Good evening Spartan Band Families!!!
Congrats on making the Marching Spartan Band!!! We are looking forward to a wonderful year!
Couple of house keeping items:
1. Please make every effort to attend the next Parent Meeting, Tuesday, 6/11 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will be discussing important items related to band camp and this coming season.
2. Please make sure you have made the first $150 pledge that was due at try-outs. The next pledge payment of $175 is due on June 1, 2019. If you are participating in the food plan for this band season, that $150 is due June 15th. The food plan is completely optional but you must decide to participate prior to band camp.
3. If you were not able to attend one of the parent meetings during auditions, please complete the attached google document.
4. Several families have asked about flag subscriptions and renewals. As the board, we are making some changes to the flag subscription guidelines. The previous guidelines indicated that the student received a portion of the monies obtained from a new subscription or a renewal. Students now receive the full total of the subscription towards their band pledges.
5. Additional guideline changes reflect who receives credit for renewals. Flag subscriptions and renewals are how several families cover their band pledges. Please do not actively attempt to recruit a renewal from an active member in the band. If a subscriber chooses to renew their subscription with a different student, that student will receive the pledge credit. But again, please be courteous to other band families and do not actively recruit renewals from current band members.
6. Several people have asked how to find out what renewals are “up for grabs” and “who in my neighborhood does not have a subscription”. We are looking for practical ways to disburse this information. The easiest way to obtain new subscriptions is to see who in your neighborhood does not have a flag and either place a subscription form with your student’s name in the mailbox or go to the door.
We are looking forward to a great season! If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristin KightSummit Band Board Chairperson
This email has been sent via Charms Office Assistant on behalf of:
Summit High School Band
2830 TWIN LAKES DRIVE
Spring Hill, TN 37174