Keep up with all of the Band dates!! Did you know that you can subscribe to the Band Charms Calendar? From your mobile device, you simply need to add a subscribed calendar and use this for the calendar URL:
Doing this will add all band events as a new calendar on your smart phone so you can keep up with all posted events.
The band website has a widget on the right that will show the next 5 upcoming dates, but adding the calendar to your…and your musician’s phone is a great way to keep everyone in the know!
Good evening Spartan Band Families!!!
Congrats on making the Marching Spartan Band!!! We are looking forward to a wonderful year!
Couple of house keeping items:
1. Please make every effort to attend the next Parent Meeting, Tuesday, 6/11 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will be discussing important items related to band camp and this coming season.
2. Please make sure you have made the first $150 pledge that was due at try-outs. The next pledge payment of $175 is due on June 1, 2019. If you are participating in the food plan for this band season, that $150 is due June 15th. The food plan is completely optional but you must decide to participate prior to band camp.
3. If you were not able to attend one of the parent meetings during auditions, please complete the attached google document.
4. Several families have asked about flag subscriptions and renewals. As the board, we are making some changes to the flag subscription guidelines. The previous guidelines indicated that the student received a portion of the monies obtained from a new subscription or a renewal. Students now receive the full total of the subscription towards their band pledges.
5. Additional guideline changes reflect who receives credit for renewals. Flag subscriptions and renewals are how several families cover their band pledges. Please do not actively attempt to recruit a renewal from an active member in the band. If a subscriber chooses to renew their subscription with a different student, that student will receive the pledge credit. But again, please be courteous to other band families and do not actively recruit renewals from current band members.
6. Several people have asked how to find out what renewals are “up for grabs” and “who in my neighborhood does not have a subscription”. We are looking for practical ways to disburse this information. The easiest way to obtain new subscriptions is to see who in your neighborhood does not have a flag and either place a subscription form with your student’s name in the mailbox or go to the door.
We are looking forward to a great season! If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristin KightSummit Band Board Chairperson
This email has been sent via Charms Office Assistant on behalf of:
Summit High School Band
2830 TWIN LAKES DRIVE
Spring Hill, TN 37174
Parents – The orientation packet is now available for you to download. There is a medical form that must be filled out, scanned and returned or put in the black box in the band room.
Here is a link to the Parents page with the orientation packet: https://summitspartanband.org/parent-info/
April Band Parent Meeting – April 9th 6:30pm
As per Harris and Scott all band meetings will now be in the band room. They are hoping the change in atmosphere will help bring more parents to meetings and help facilitate the change in culture for the entire band, along with band families.
**Stay tuned for private concerts from our band students at our monthly meetings!!
Scott also encouraged parents of students who may be in need of recommendations for summer jobs or internships, to let them know – they are more than willing to write those for band students.
2019-2020 Board Positions
~ 3 positions to carry over from last year, Stacey Dobecki (Secretary), Laurie Kamunen
(Fundraising), Tami Bell (Treasurer)
~ Kristin Kight to take over for Matt Stone as Chairman
~ Julie Duel to take over for Kristin Kight as Volunteer Coordinator
~ Motion to approve Warburton
~ 2nd to approve – Mike Holt
~ Many thanks to all who helped, it was a great kickoﬀto the event. We had GREAT parent participation on committees and all ran smoothly. The vendors were happy and complementary of our students.
~ We have lots of notes of how to improve on it and make it bigger/better next year.
~ Early estimate is that the event brought in approximately $3200.
~ When we bring back Winter on the Summit next year, these 2 events can really boost funds each spring.
~ Boxes and cases still available
~ Students are doing very well selling during the day to friends!
~ Great way to finish paying for 2018-2019 fees or a jump start on 2019-2020 fees.
~ Memorial Day is our first installation of 2019
~ We need students and drivers to make these installs go smoothly AND quickly! The more drivers we have the less time each route will take.
~ We have a renewal email template available for those needing to contact friends/family/
neighbors who have renewals coming up
~ Graduating Seniors need to designate who they want to pass down their subscriptions too
~ Student + 2 guests, $15 each
~ will open to siblings/other family members once we have an initial headcount
~ tickets will be available in Charms this week
Winter Guard/Drum Line – WKU Championship Recap
~ Winter Guard finished 3rd overall & are Tennessee State Champions!
~ Drum Line finished 9th overall
Band Auditions/Parent Meetings
~ Color Guard & Percussion Audition Camps – April 29th – May 3rd 3-6pm each day.
~ Band Clinics/Auditons – Thursday – May 2nd 3-6pm, Saturday – May 4th 8am-12pm, Thursday
– May 9th 3-6pm, Saturday – May 11th 8am-2pm
~ Parent Meetings (Marching, Color Guard & Percussion Parents) – Saturday May 4th
OR the other.
~ Symphonic/Concert Band – Rehearsals on 4/11 & 4/16 from 3-5pm Concert on April 23rd
~ The band WILL play at Graduation on Saturday, May 25th. Attendance is mandatory – speak with Harris or Scott for any special situations